Sunday, 10 July 2016

Round and round the merry go round.

Its only been 11 days since my last post.. definitely not a confession of any sort, wow how time flies when your having fun.. 


Fun.. what fun... as you know I have been working on a project for the Historical Society so then we had our official launch and then I had a pile of bits to archive but to start filing them in the archive room I had to clean out a cupboard which is like a housing picture cupboard so I have lost a week in trying to scan and add house photos.. so my own family history has stopped all together but this week I am determined to get back into it and sort out where I am up to. 

I have had a perfect start to this goal this morning when I started to input a tree into our database under the surname of Wandschneider a family from Germany and this old report even has the typed pages than just keep unfolding 

and unfolding.. well low and behold there are a whole pile of people in there that are ours.. yes sirree.. it was like Christmas but what a confusing pile to sort. 


So here I was half way through the cascading fall of paper and I find a match in my tree but what does that mean.. yes I have to go all the way back to the top to find the missing ancestors and that opened a whole new pandora's box of names and dates. 

I know in the beginning the gene pool was small but it would be so much easier if they could have just spread across the river maybe to spread the names and mix it up a little. .. 

So many names and dates so close together and then you look and think OMG we married back into the same family in 3 different ways.. I am sure many families in smaller towns have the same thing and so we spend hours and hours searching for that elusive clue so that we can put the right Nathaniel with the right parents.. or the right kids together.. 

Although when you look at the figures I have just under 19 500 people in my tree and only 5800ish individual families so have kept it fairly close... so close we now encompass most of Australia and like the Leyland brothers would say ... "We've been everywhere man, we've been everywhere"... so back to the salt mines till next time.. Happy searching





No comments:

Post a Comment