Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Major Disaster Looming..

Whilst delving into the mysteries of my family tree the other day I was happily inputting information and the thought struck me like a bolt of lightening.. 

Who will carry on my fathers name when my generation are gone.. now this may not seem like such a biggie but when you think about it.. if there are no son's with the family name to carry on.. then your part of the family and its name dies with the last male child so in 100 years time that ancestral line will have all but dissapeared.. 



So that means what ... our name will disappear from the history books, and the connection to other members of  the family wont be made unless we have written and stored the family tree somewhere for future generations to see it

Have you considered this disaster.. until now I hadn't really thought about it.. but this is how it goes in my family.. 

My mums maiden name is Schwarzrock and she had 2 brothers so the name went down another generation and one of those brothers had 2 sons.. now as long as they have boys and their boys have boys the Schwarzrock lineage will continue.. 

But on my Dads side.. I have 2 brothers.. and I have 2 daughters so I let the lineage down by not having sons and naming them Wroe.. and one of my brothers is unmarried with no children ( that we know of) so he is not holding up his side of the bargain.. and my other brother has a son and 4 daughters but the sons surname is registered under his Mothers name.. so the Wroe lineage on my Dads side is not looking too good.. 

So how do we resolve this dilemna .. to those not interested in family history I know you may be reading this and thinking your absolutely nuts.. but believe me in a hundred years time.. I would like to know my Dads legacy was carried through.. so I think the only way to fix it is to 

a) find a wife for my brother and get him breeding sons immediately 
b) change my nephews name and add Dads name into it.. :( can't see that happening.. 
c) Pour a drink and contemplate history.. 

So do you have all these bases covered.. who would have ever contemplated the thought of the importance of carrying on the family name... 

Well I might need to go and find another way to carry on the history of our family and have that drink... Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment