Sunday, 5 June 2016

Dates, Deaths and Dare to question

We find on our journey to discovering the ancestry of our heritage we will come across so much information that occasionally we forget to check the relevance of the info. This can be a right royal pain in the behind when you are on a mad dash to add the new found family only to discover the dates and information incorrect.


Do people not see the problem on Ancestry when they come up with a family or date and they don't work.. or am I just pedantic.. either or neither .. today I found a hint on Ancestry.. yes I was trawling through the hints section and the father died 5 years prior to the childs birth.. mmmmmmm.. To add or not to add...

Yes I did add and then Roots Magic was screaming impossible can't be done.. so I have left it there for the moment with a note to sort the truth..


The reason why we end up chasing our tails round and round... then I was laughing when I came across a hint for... wait for it....

uncle of husband of 1st cousin 1x removed of wife of 2nd great-uncle

Now I am sure he is not really relevant to the family but I have taken this tree to the extreme and have my own little ancestry going on so I added the hint...

THIS WEEKS GOALS....

I have decided each week to set myself  some goals to see if this helps clear up the backlog of information I have to input into the tree.. 

So we will see how we go and I would love to hear how you do this impossible task... 

I am now writing a blog for the Society so that is another project I am gonna try and stay on top of.. if you want to check that out.. http://mfhslocalhistoryblog.blogspot.com.au/

This way my blog will focus more on my family tree and the local one on local stories.. till next time.. happy hunting.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment