Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Beware of the axe

 The King Family saga continues..

Well I have been busy adding and deleting people in the King tree.. I am normally a very anal person over facts and whether they are correct or not.. but now I am querying everything I have and I will admit my pretty proud my family tree has made it to 19,000 .. woohoo..

My most mysterious person at the moment is my GGGrandmother......
Jane Kenny
B 1852 died 1921.



Jane was married to Tom King and she was born in Ipswich Qld and died in Hervey Bay... one of the most amazing stories I have heard of her is she was a staunch woman and she on Fraser Island with Tom and was bitten on the thumb by a snake.. ( remembering most of the snakes on the Island is Death Adders) and she exclaimed to Tom " Tom I have been bitten on the thumb".

Tom in his straight up Irish way replied with "Turn away Jane" and then chopped her thumb off  with an axe and shoved her thumb or what was left of it in the fire to seal the wound. OMG they made them strong in those days..

I would love to have met this woman who was strong and staunch.. when Tom died on Fraser Island and they bought his body back by boat all she could say was "Is the old ba*d dead.. well you better bring him on up" ...

Jane was also the owner of the Urangan Hotel and her husband Tom had the victuallers licence.

Till next time .. hapy reading   The King Family saga continues..

Well I have been busy adding and deleting people in the King tree.. I am normally a very anal person over facts and whether they are correct or not.. but now I am querying everything I have and I will admit my pretty proud my family tree has made it to 19,000 .. woohoo..

My most mysterious person at the moment is my GGGrandmother......
Jane Kenny
B 1852 died 1921.

Jane King nee Kenney

Jane was married to Tom King and she was born in Ipswich Qld and died in Hervey Bay... one of the most amazing stories I have heard of her is she was a staunch woman and she on Fraser Island with Tom and was bitten on the thumb by a snake.. ( remembering most of the snakes on the Island is Death Adders) and she exclaimed to Tom " Tom I have been bitten on the thumb".

Tom in his straight up Irish way replied with "Turn away Jane" and then chopped her thumb off  with an axe and shoved her thumb or what was left of it in the fire to seal the wound. OMG they made them strong in those days..

I would love to have met this woman who was strong and staunch.. when Tom died on Fraser Island and they bought his body back by boat all she could say was "Is the old ba*d dead.. well you better bring him on up" ...

Jane was also the owner of the Urangan Hotel and her husband Tom had the victuallers licence.

Till next time .. hapy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment