Tuesday, 23 February 2016

CHASING MY TAIL

I remember sitting over Christmas and thinking this year will be awesome as I will get some time to focus on my family history and to finish some of it ready to be able to show others.. well that went out the door rather rapidly. 



I have been flat out with projects that don't seem to be getting me anywhere.. first 

MDFHS BIG M .. this girl is coming along beautifully and we got a new computer just to put the database on so now its a matter of cleaning everything out to put into the database so we will have the most extensive network of local research at our fingertips... The bonus in this is that I have found so many hints, photos and extras for my own tree as I have gone along that it has been a great research tool for me. 

We will be getting ready to launch it soon.. soooo excited. 

COLLETT tree.. we discovered recently that there were a couple of errors in the early tree and thankfully got that fixed before having to edit too many people.. now its a matter of filling the tree with information... 

Where to start with that is always a drama .. so I am enlisting the help of other Collett researchers/family to see if they have any of the missing people.. 

WROE/SCHWARZROCK TREE.. Welll OMG.. has that taken some unexpected turns.. I was recently lucky enough to come across a distant relative who gave me a box of things to sort through that relate to Thomas O I King ( my GGGrandfather) and I am discovering a whole new set of rellies and info.. He has asked that I put it into a book when I am finished.. and so this will be my hair pulling project at the end of the data collection.. 

But then I also made contact with Ross who is on my Dads side and we are on a data swap.. and that is mindblowing.. I didn't know 3 years ago that any of these people ever existed and am having such a ball discovering them... 

And my blog has missed out badly over the last couple of months but I have had so much time with my head in the computer learning new skills and now I am looking at where and how my trees are uploaded to and how I can make them more user friendly and how to turn my blog into a more  interesting format.. **huge sigh** more computer learning.. but till next time... 

Stay tuned.. and keep digging you never know what gem you will turn up.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment