Thursday, 16 July 2015

Updating, Indexing and Relaxing..

As the Collett project is growing and changing all the time.. I am finding more and more people to add to the project and this week has been focussed on cleaning up bits of paper, the hardest bit has been the cold.. yes it has been so cold my poor old fingers just won't type and it doesn't matter how fast I am typing they are not warming up. 

So we have added approximately 100 more people to the tree since last weekend. and cleaned up some dates etc. I must admit Roots Magic is awesome with lists they have a list you can print out on missing information which is awesome when doing housework as you can find all the dates missing then chase them up.. 

I have spent the last 2 hours searching for family on my Dads side and how frustrating is that.. the Wroe family is a large family all in the same town but I will be darned if I can put them together.. and then names pop up that I have no idea where they fit in..

So parts of my Dads tree look like the picture I suppose the best we can do is to keep plodding along it will all come about eventually. They say patience is a virtue but not when your doing your tree the word Patience just doesn't exist.. I think I will have to go back to the beginning and start again. 

Well its off to do some more till next time Happy Hunting...

No comments:

Post a Comment