Thursday, 16 April 2015

A treasure is to be found...

Today I thought I would spend some time researching some of my Ancestors military history and was delighted to find and obtain a copy of 3 service records. It is so amazing to discover you had so many brave members of your extended family fought in WWI.

Johann Schwarzrock d 4/10/1917 Was a part of the 26th Battalion/18th Reinforcements and died in France

Thomas Paul Hunter d 2/2/1917 was a member of the 42nd Battalion/3rd Reinforcements and died in France

Robert Alexander Hunter survived and was a member of the 15th Battalion C Company and was an Anzac who fought bravely in Gallipolli.

One of my favourite websites foŕ research is Maryborugh Historical Societies LINKS page

Then I found this lovely story in the newspaper. 2010




I definitely would call today a successful days research.

No comments:

Post a Comment